The IU Online MS in Criminal Justice and Public Safety delivers the most current theory and practice in these two critical and exciting fields.
The program is designed for individuals who wish to pursue a career in policing, homeland security and emergency management, as well as those who are already employed in criminal justice and security. Students may complete coursework in a variety of special topics, including crime mapping, geographic information systems and cybersecurity, among others.
The flexible online program is structured to meet the needs of working adults.
As a student in the program, you:
- examine criminal justice and public safety system actors, agencies, and processes
- explore the underlying operations of police, emergency management, courts, and corrections agencies
- identify the major policy issues in criminal justice and public safety systems
- learn to communicate effectively with individuals working in the complex and diverse criminal justice or public safety sectors
- explore the philosophical underpinnings and development of law, and critically evaluate how criminal justice and public safety policies balance individual rights and public order
- analyze criminal justice and public safety policies using a variety of tools, including quantitative research methods and statistical techniques, to improve criminal justice and public safety agencies
- identify and critically analyze current criminal justice and public safety policies using available research and empirical evidence to discuss the strengths and limitations of various approaches
The program features a combination of required courses and electives in either criminal justice or public safety.
Take the next step
Contact, Address and Additional Links
Indiana University Southeast(812) 941-2333
4201 Grant Line Rd.
New Albany, IN 47150