Apply For Admissions
How to Apply
There are four (4) ways to apply* to Indiana University Southeast as an undergraduate. They are:
- Apply online. *Please note -if you are returning to IU Southeast or have previously applied for admission, check "yes" to the question "Are you a returning student that has previously paid the application fee?" This application is for undergraduate admission at the Southeast campus of Indiana University only.
- Download a paper application (PDF).
- Call the Office of Admissions at (812) 941-2212 or (800) 852-8835 to request an application.
- Visit your high school guidance office.
*A one-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 is required. This fee is not required if you have previously applied for undergraduate admission at any Indiana University Campus.
When to Apply
Apply for admissions as early as possible. Applications are processed as they are received. If you are currently attending high school, you may apply after the completion of your junior year. All application materials must be received 10 days prior to the beginning of the semester. Please allow 3 weeks for processing after all application materials are received by the Office of Admissions.
Who Can Apply
At a minimum, applicants are expected to have graduated from high school or earned a General Education Diploma.
Admission applicant categories include:
- First Year Beginner/Freshman - An applicant who is expected to graduate from high school during the current school year, has graduated from high school, or has earned a General Education Diploma and taken no more than twelve hours of college credit after high school graduation.
- Transfer - An applicant who has previously enrolled in more than twelve hours of attempted coursework at an accredited college or university outside of Indiana University.
- Intercampus Transfer - A student who is attending or has attended another campus of Indiana University within the past 12 months as a degree-seeking student and now intends to enroll IU at Southeast.
- International Student - A student who is from a country outside of the United States.
- Visiting/Non-Degree Student - An applicant who wants to enroll at IU Southeast for a limited period of time and does not plan to pursue a degree.
- Returning Student - A student who has previously withdrawn from IU Southeast as a degree-seeking student and now intends to re-enroll.
- High School - An applicant who is currently attending high school and plans to enroll for college credit at IU Southeast prior to high school graduation.
- Bachelor's Degree Holder - An applicant that has already earned a bachelors degree at a regionally accredited college or university and now intends to pursue a certificate or bachelors degree at IU Southeast.
- Graduate Student - An applicant who has already received a U.S. bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from a university, and wants to pursue a masters degree at IU Southeast.