Alumni Association Board of Directors Nomination
Dues-paying graduates, former students, and friends of IU Southeast are eligible to participate. Board members are elected to serve one three year term. The Board may exercise the option to stagger the term members of the Board for continuity purposes.
Vision of the Alumni Association
As a dynamic organization vital to the excellence of Indiana University, the IU Alumni Association strives daily to actively engage all alumni in the success of our university.
Mission of the Alumni Association
The Alumni Association is a membership organization that connects alumni, students, and friends through communications, activities, programs, and services. The association develops and support volunteer leadership, serves as a voice for alumni as the university evolves, and provides lifelong learning opportunities.
Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend at least two-thirds of the scheduled Board meetings per year.
- Attend alumni and university events when possible.
- Serve on at least one committee per year.
- Obtain new members for the Association.
- Encourage participation in Alumni Scholarship Programs.
- Work to involve alumni in campus and alumni events and work to enhance the image of the University and the Association.
- Encourage student participation in the Alumni Association and assist with Student Alumni Association activities and events.
- Adhere to the Bylaws and Constitution of the Association.
Make-Up of the Board
The IU Southeast Alumni Board shall consist of at least four but not more than eight of the degree-granting units as well as three or more members who may be elected at large. In no event shall there be more than thirteen members on the Board.