Welcome to The School of Arts and Letters!
You’ve picked one of the best degrees offered at IU Southeast, because our degrees are: Degrees of Flexibility!
What Employers Are Looking For:
According to the Job Outlook 2012, published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the top five skills that employers are looking for in candidates (or on their resumes) are:
- Ability to work in a team
- Written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- A strong work ethic
What Our Degrees of Flexibility Offer:
- Group work and a focus on oral communication skills as part of the curriculum
- The opportunity to develop and lead a project
- Writing projects that will enhance your written communication skills
- Critical thinking activities that will increase your ability to solve problems
- The chance for you to involve yourself in class projects and out-of-class events to showcase what you can do
In other words, our Degrees of Flexibility will prepare you for the world that’s out there, waiting for you!
As you embark on this journey of self-discovery and preparation for your future, please don’t hesitate to contact me or the faculty and staff in Arts and Letters if we can be of service. On behalf of all of us, welcome to your major, to Arts and Letters, and to the beginning of your career!
Dean, School of Arts and Letters