Health Care Track
The health care management track may appeal to you if you hold an A.A.S. in one of the many health care fields, such as medical assisting, health care support, paramedic science, and medical laboratory technology.
As a student in this track, you take courses that prepare you to:
- compare and contrast the U.S. health care system (including reimbursement) with other systems around the world;
- demonstrate an understanding of the ethical, legal, financial, and political factors that influence the provision of health services in the United States;
- evaluate access to, and the cost of, U.S. health care (including reimbursement practices) for different types of care;
- effectively assess and implement improvements in clinical care, customer service, and human resource planning in a health care setting;
- integrate knowledge and skills and apply these to health management issues or challenges.