Dr Sagara Dewasurendra
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Life Sciences 224
As an accomplished academician passionate about mathematics and data analysis, I hold a Ph.D. in Mathematics (minor in Statistics) from Western Michigan University. I also have a Master of Science from the University of North Florida, Jacksonville-FL, and a Bachelor's degree from the University of Colombo, B.Sc. in Finance, Business, and Computational Mathematics. My academic journey began as an instructor at the University of Colombo after completing my Bachelor's degree. Seeking to further my knowledge and experience, I pursued higher studies in the United States. After obtaining my Ph.D., I was appointed visiting assistant professor at Western New England University, Springfield-MA. Later, I spent two years as an assistant professor at Indiana University East.
Throughout my academic career, my research interests have focused on optimization, financial mathematics, and data analysis. I have published a research article on these topics and presented my work at conferences.
I am passionate about teaching and mentoring students and have supervised undergraduate students in their research projects. In summary, my academic background, research interests, and teaching experience make me a competent professional in the field of mathematics and data analysis.
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo
- Doctor of Philosophy, Major in Mathematics, Minor in Statistics
- University of Colombo, Colombo, NA
- B.Sc. in Finance, Business and Computational Mathematics, Major in Mathematics, Minor in Finance, Business and Computational Mathematics
- University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Duval
- Masters of Science, Major in Mathematics, Minor in Statistics
Mathematical Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Probability, Differential Equations, and Calculus
Optimization, Risk Analysis, and Financial Mathematics
- Sagara Dewasurendra, Pedro Judice, and Qiji Zhu. (2019). The Optimum Leverage Level of the Banking Sector. Risks, 7 (2), 51.
Playing Badminton and Cricket
Running (5K and 10K)