Growing up in Macau SAR, China, Sau Hou Chang received her undergraduate education at National Taiwan Normal University in Taiwan, master education at Newcastle University, England, and doctoral education at Texas A&M University-Commerce, USA. Before coming to the States, she taught in elementary school, high school, and University of Macau. She has professional educator’s licenses in Psychology, Language Arts, English as a New Language, and School Counselor in Indiana. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in Educational Psychology, School Assessments and supervises clinical experiences of elementary education majors. Her research interests are testing effect, flipped classroom, co-teaching, assessment of teacher education program, and teacher candidate professional development.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce, Commerce, Texas, USA
- Doctor of Philosophy, Major in Educational Psychology
- University of Newcastle, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
- Master of Education, Major in Counseling in Education
- National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Educational Psychology, Psychology of Teaching, Classroom Assessment, Memory in the Real World, Assessment in Schools, Child and Adolescent Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Educational Research, Action Research, Counseling & Guidance, Experimental Psychology, Psychological Statistics, Field Experiences, and Student Teaching
Co-teaching, flipped learning, testing effect, instruction of diverse students, second language acquisition, memory strategies, reading strategies & attitudes, and teachers concerns.
- Chang, S. H. (2018). Testing effect in a college class. Psychology and Education Journal, 55 ((1 & 2)), 41-46.
- Chang, S. H. (2018). Co-teaching in student teaching of an Elementary Education Program. Teacher Educator's Journal, 11 (1), 105-113.
- Chang, S. H., & Pierce, B. (2018). Effects of forming mental images on true and false memories. American Journal of Psychological Research, 11 (1), 16-28.
- Chang, S. H. (2017). The effects of test trial and processing level on immediate and delayed retention. Europe’s Journal of Psychology, 13 (1), 129-142.
- Chang, S. H. (2015). The beliefs of second language acquisition in teacher candidates. Teacher Education & Practice, 28 (1), 11-26.
- Chang, S. H. (2015). Memory strategies used by teachers. Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 29 (1), 5-19.
- Chang, S. H. (2011). Reading strategies of struggling readers. Journal of Research in Education, 21 (1), 2-13.
- Chang, S. H. (2011). Grade level and gender differences in a school-based reading tutoring program. Reading Horizons, 51 (1), 63-80.
- Chang, S. H. (2010). Reading attitude of struggling elementary students. Indiana Reading Journal, 43 (1), 11-18.
- Chang, S. H. (2009). Concerns of teacher candidates in an early field experience. Mid-Western Educational Researcher, 22 (1), 19-25.
Tai chi and hiking.