Jeff Boice - Public Speaking SPCH-S 121
B.A. Purdue University, Speech Communication, 1983
M.A. The University of Texas, Organizational Communication, 1985
A.L.M. Harvard University, Celtic Languages & Literature, 1998
22 years (retired) as a systems analyst/software engineer and business consultant for companies including...
Andersen Consulting (Accenture)
Nintendo of America
The Learning Company
Learning Curve International
Returned to academia in 2012. Currently teaching public speaking and interpersonal communication at IUS, tutoring in writing and speech at Ivy Tech - Sellersburg, and freelance editing.
Member of the IUS Community Chorus/Concert Choir when my teaching schedule allows. :o)
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Ph.D. (unfinished), Major in Celtic Languages & Literature
- Harvard University Extension, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Master of Liberal Arts, Major in Celtic Languages & Literature
- The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
- Master of Arts, Major in Organizational Communication
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Speech Communication
Public speaking, interpersonal, small group, and organizational communication. English composition.
Communication Studies: Small group dynamics, team building, decision theory, power theory in organizations, counter-rational organizational theory, organizational life cycles & culture.
Celtic Languages & Literature: The use of geis in early Irish literature, monastic patronage in medieval Ireland & Scotland, Arthurian studies.
Teaching Resource Websites
- Carl Jeffery Boice. (1998). Mortality, Morality, and Tragedy: The Function of Geis in Early Irish Literature. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University.