Welcome to the Office of the Bursar. We are here to assist you with questions regarding payment due dates, tuition and fees, billing, payment options, refunds, and third-party sponsors.
- The first Summer bill will be due May 10.
- Financial aid for students enrolled in Summer I only or enrolled in Summer I and Summer II semester will disburse to the Bursar account May 15.
- Students will start to receive refunds as early as May 20 if signed up for direct deposit.
- Financial aid for students enrolled in Summer II only will disburse to the Bursar account June 14.
- Fall bills will be available August 15.
- The first fall bill will be due September 10.
Get your Books for the Upcoming Semester
Registration Deposit provides a once-a-semester option to have up to $750 advanced to your CrimsonCard, which is billed to your student account. It allows you to buy textbooks before your financial aid has arrived. You must OPT-IN to Registration Deposit when registering for classes, on the Optional Services page, by choosing $250, $500, or both (for $750). About two weeks prior to the start of the semester, the amount you chose will be available for use on your CrimsonCard.
Didn’t know about Registration Deposit or missed the deadline? You can bill CrimsonCard charges to your bursar bill. Visit the CrimsonCard website to bill charges today.
Get your Account Ready for the upcoming semester
Title IV Financial Aid Authorization
Complete your Title IV financial aid student authorization on your One Account. This authorizes your aid can be used for non-mandatory fees like Registration deposit, meal plans, parking permit etc.
View and update your direct deposit account information to ensure you receive your bursar refunds fast and secure on your One Account.
New Payment Plans Available
Starting with Fall 2018, you will see a new payment plan option through our partnership with Nelnet Campus Commerce. This allows students and third-party users to access a four-part, auto debited, semester payment plan. If you are eligible for a payment plan, one will be presented to you when you connect to the payment plan system from your bill. This new plan replaces the former personal deferment plan.
- Visit One.IU.edu
- Launch the following task:
- As a student, select View/Pay Bursar Bill
- As a parent or 3rd Party User, select Parent or 3rd Party User Access (Non-students). Enter your login information and select Bursar Balances and Bills.
Note: You must have a 3rd Party User account already setup by your student.
- From Student billing, select Create or View a Payment Plan.
- Select Payment Planfrom the menu to view and enroll in available payment plans
For additional information, visit the Payment Options page and select Payment Plan.