How do I do a personal deferment?
If eligible, your account statement will display a "Deferment Amount" which is the down payment necessary to elect a personal deferment contract. To elect the personal deferment option simply make the Deferment payment by the payment due date.
- More info on the fall deferment payment schedule
- More info on the spring deferment payment schedule
- More info on the summer deferment payment schedule
What do I know about personal deferments?
- Available to all students enrolled in at least 3 credit hours and in good standing with the Office of the Bursar.
- Splits your account balance into up to 4 installment payments.
- $15 fee for each deferment payment
- The deferment balance is calculated after all financial aid, scholarship, and sponsor authorizations have been applied.
- Prior term fees and late fees are not included in the calculation and are due in full.
DROPS AFTER THE REFUND PERIOD WILL NOT RESULT IN ANY KIND OF REFUND OR REDUCTION TO YOUR PERSONAL DEFERMENT. THIS MEANS THAT THE BALANCE OF YOUR PERSONAL DEFERMENT WILL REMAIN DUE AND PAYABLE.
Failure to make payment in full by the personal deferment due date will result in a 1.5% late fee being assessed and denial of University services.