Title IV Authorizations
Indiana University is authorized to administer Title IV federal financial aid funds. Title IV funds that may credit your bursar account include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Loans - Subsidized and Unsubsidized
- Federal Direct Parent and Graduate PLUS Loans
Federal regulations require that the University apply your Title IV financial aid funds first to "allowable charges", which are tuition, mandatory fees, and housing and meal charges contracted with the University. In order to apply any remaining Title IV funds to miscellaneous charges (for example, parking fees, deferment fees, or health center charges) the University is required to obtain your authorization. If your authorization is not received before your financial aid has disbursed to your bursar account the Title IV funds will not be applied to miscellaneous charges. This may result in an outstanding balance on your account, causing late fees to be assessed and services to be restricted until you pay the balance with personal funds.
Once you grant authorization, it continues to be valid for future years unless you notify the Office of the Bursar in writing that you wish to withdraw it.
Steps to sign your Title IV Authorization online
- Log onto OneStart
- Click the "Services" tab along the top
- Click "Student Self Service" on the left
- Click on "Student Center"
- Under the Finances section, select "Student Authorizations" from the drop down box.
- Click the double arrows to go to the next screen.
- Your screen should read "No Student Authorization information on file"
- Click the Green button in the right hand corner that says "Grant Authorizations."
- From there, follow the steps to complete the form online.