Are you looking for a broader understanding of the economic forces that shape our individual lives and society?
Our post-bac certificate in economics, offered by the School of Business, delivers skills and insights that will help you be an interested, alert and competent observer of current events, and empower you to make well-reasoned decisions about personal matters, business problems, and public policy.
To earn the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in economics, students must:
- Successfully complete five of the courses listed below with at least a C-
- Successfully complete at least four of the required courses listed below at IU Southeast after completion of an undergraduate degree
|Dept./Course #||Title||Credit Hours|
|ECON-E 321||Intermediate Microeconomic Theory||3|
|ECON-E 322||Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory||3|
|ECON-E 323||Urban Economics||3|
|ECON-E 333||International Economics||3|
|ECON-E 338||Business & Economics Applications of GIS||3|
|ECON-E 340||Labor Economics||3|
|ECON-E 350||Money and Banking||3|
|ECON-E 470||Econometric Theory and Practice||3|
To apply for a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, you must submit the following:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- A one-time, non-refundable application fee of $35. This fee is not required if you have previously applied for undergraduate admission at any Indiana University campus.
- Official transcripts from the college/university awarding your bachelor's degree.
Please visit the IU Southeast Office of Admissions website or call (812) 941-2212 or (800) 852-8835 (Ind. or Ky.), or visit in person for application deadlines, reciprocity guidelines, financial aid and other questions.
Students enrolled in this stand-along certificate program are not eligible for financial aid. Students are eligible for certificate courses if they are enrolled in another degree-seeming program.