Sample Job Description
Job Description Guidelines
- Highlight your company. Tell candidates what it is you do and why they would want to work for you.
- Outline the job duties. Bullet point job tasks and potential projects that the candidate may perform.
- INCLUDE A PAY RANGE! TBD and negotiable do not excite candidates!! You want people to apply – right?
- Spell out the qualifications needed – education, soft skills, technical skills, years of experience, etc.
- Application instructions – how you would like to receive resumes
Sample Job Description:
Seeking bright, creative, dependable, outgoing Student to assist in developing, and to manage on an ongoing basis, all responsibilities related to creating and distributing a monthly Employee Newsletter (staff of approx. 100).
- Working with our Recruitment and Retention Specialist you’ll help us develop and launch a new monthly Employee Newsletter to "hit the stands" in March (’07).
- We’ll be looking to YOU to take the creative reins. We have some ideas as to what we’re looking for, but once you get the guidelines we want YOU to manage the deal. You’ll come up with story ideas…you’ll interview employees…and you’ll use your impressive graphics skills to put together a very COOL newsletter, one that our people look forward to.
- Position requires 7-10 hours per week (paid by the hour), some time spent in our offices and some in your own space and at your own computer.
Professional, collaborative, visionary environment…
in other words, a great place to work!
You must be able to use Word to its graphics max; you have other graphics program skills and talents; you are very creative, an engaging writer and can make the pages of our newsletter POP! with awesome layouts and attention getting headlines; you’re professional, highly dependable and you don’t miss deadlines; you take initiative, work proactively and exhibit all of those other "I’m mature and take my responsibilities seriously" traits and characteristics
Pay $8 – $10, Experience is "priceless". If you’re qualified, interested and think that this sounds like a fun gig we’d like to hear from you. Send email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to include resumes’, samples of your work (anything Word or PDF is fine), etc… You can also call her at 111-222-3333, but we know her…she’s STILL going to want to see your samples. Candidates of interest will be contacted immediately for screening and with full details.
Don’t delay; respond TODAY…we’ve got a deadline to meet!