15 Ways to Blow an Interview
- Know little or nothing about the employer.
- Have a negative attitude.
- Have poor communication skills.
- Use rambling answers that don't address the question.
- Display inappropriate behavior (e.g., smoking, chewing gum, tapping your foot).
- Fail to make eye contact.
- Fail to ask questions.
- Dress inappropriately.
- Be passive; don't sell yourself.
- Show up late to the interview.
- Lack proper career planning; have ill-defined goals and purposes.
- Appear bored with the organization or the industry.
- Show no enthusiasm and be indifferent.
- Be overbearing, over aggressive or conceited.
- Be interested only in the best dollar offer.
Career Development Center Events
See All Events »
April 13th, 2017
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
April 19th, 2017
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM