To be successful as an artist is a formidable undertaking. This process demands discipline, hard work, perseverance, and dedication. Both the journey and the destination are richly rewarding. The goal of the Indiana University Southeast Department of Fine Arts is to maximize your potential as an artist or art historian and help you realize your dreams.
IU Southeast offers the following degrees:
Advising and Career Coaching
Jen Daniel-Daggett M.S.
Knobview Hall 110
Phone: (812) 941-2342
Gregory Roberts M.A.
Assistant to the Dean, School of Arts and Letters
Lead Academic Advisor, School of Arts & Letters
BAS & BIS Coordinator – Applied Science
Knobview Hall 110U
Phone: (812) 941-2584
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals
- American Alliance of Museums
- American Craft Council
- American Institute of Graphic Arts
- American Society of Media Photographers
- Animation World Network
- Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design
- College Art Association
- Indiana | Americans for the Arts
- Kentucky Art Therapy Association
- Kentucky | Americans for the Arts
- National Cartoonists Society
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central.
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
- Kentucky Museum of Arts and Craft
- Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
- Indiana Arts Council
- TheatreWorks of SoIN
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts – Volunteer Services, Communications, Theater Management Intern
- Arts Council of Southern Indiana – Arts Administration Intern
- Arts & Cultural Alliance – Marketing, Communications & Event Facilitation Intern
- New Albany High School - Theatre Arts – Public Relations/Event Coordinator Intern
- Head First Media – Assistant Audio Engineer Intern
- Carnegie Center for Art & History – Collections Assistant Intern
- Beaded Treasures Project – Web Content & Blogging Intern
- Rivera Group – Visual Designer Intern
- Scoppechio – Media Intern
- Vintage Fire Museum – Museum PR, Event Planning Intern
- Momentum Marketing – Graphic Design Intern
- Kentucky Mudworks – Ceramic Intern
- Diamond Billiard Product, Inc. – Web Designer Intern
- Louisville Athletic Club/Great Life Café – Graphic Design Intern
- iWood Ecodesign – Fashion Industry Design and Marketing Intern
This top employers list was created using the Linkedin Alumni Tool.
- Discount Labels
- Trilogy Health Services, LLC
- Rivera Group
- Rainbow Design Services, Inc.
- Carnegie Center for Art & History Inc.
- Blackstone Media