Computer Science is the chief discipline for teaching engineering principles and the tools used in software applications development. The program recognizes the need to provide the understanding and knowledge of computer science appropriate for the varied careers available. Students may choose to emphasize either Mathematics and Science, or Business and Information Systems in their in their study of Computer Science at IU Southeast.
IU Southeast offers the following areas in Computer Science degree:
- Information Systems
Advising and Career Coaching
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals.
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society
- Software and Information Industry Association
- Technology Association of Louisville Kentucky
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central.
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- The Rawlings Group – Co-Op Software Developer Intern
- Brown Forman Corporation – Internal Audit Intern
- Diamond Billiard Products, Inc. – CNC Programmer Intern
- Mercer Transportation – Software Developer Intern
- Schneider Electric – Data Acquisition & Quality, Invoice Analyst & Validation Intern
- American Commercial Lines, Inc. – Economic Market Research Analyst
- LG&E and KU Energy – .NET Developer Intern
- Maximus Auto Group – Computer Science IT Intern
- GE-Appliances & Lighting – Parts Distribution Intern
- Yum! Brands, Inc. – IT Analyst Intern
- Stelised Inc. – Computer Intern
- ADP-Automatic Data Processing, Inc. – Associate Technology Management Intern
This top employers list was created using the Linkedin Alumni Tool.
- Samtec Inc
- Kindred Healthcare
- LG&E and KU Energy LLC
- U.S. Census Bureau
- GE Appliances, a Haier Company