Informatics specialists study and develop new uses for information technology in all types of settings. People working in informatics find themselves working in a variety of fields, including telecommunications, banking and finance, media, biology, chemistry, dentistry, medicine, entertainment, life sciences research, social studies, and many others.
Advising and Career Coaching
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals
- American Association of Law Libraries
- American Library Association
- Medical Library Association
- National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators
- Society of Indiana Archivists
- Special Libraries Association - Kentucky Chapter
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central.
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
- Volunteers of America Mid-States
- The Salvation Army
- Harmony & Health Inc.
- Metro United Way
- The Borden Project
- Just Creations
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- KentuckyOne Health-Frazier Rehab Institute – Clinical Informatics Intern
- First Urology, PSC – Informatics Analyst Intern
- Humana – Database Intern
- Bruce Fox, Inc. – Web Research & Database Entry Intern
- First Savings Bank – Loan Operations Representative
- Carriage Ford – Customer Service Representative
- Social Security Administration – Claims Representative
- IDX Corporation – Data Entry Intern
- Dallas Group of America – Computer Engineer Co-Op Intern
- Northkey Systems – Lead Support/Internal Development Intern
- Samtec Inc. – Web Designer Intern
This top employers list was created using the Linkedin Alumni Tool.
- Norton Healthcare
- Clark Memorial Hospital
- Baptist Health System KY & IN
- Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services
- Kindred Healthcare
- Neustar, Inc.