Physics is the study of what governs the natural phenomena in the physical universe from the largest galaxies to the smallest subatomic particles. Physics is the bedrock of science in the sense that it is the basis for all the other physical sciences such as chemistry, biology, computer science, geology, oceanography, and astronomy. Nearly all of modern technology is based on purposeful applications of physics—hence physics is crucial for understanding how computers and cellular phones work, as well as developing medical equipment and sustainable energy solutions.
Advising and Career Coaching
- Electromechanical Engineering Technologist
- Geophysical Data Technician
- IT Project Manager
- Materials Scientist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Nanosystems Engineer
- Nuclear Engineer
- Photonics Technician
- Postsecondary Physics Teacher
- Remote Sensing Scientist
- Software Developer
Learn from Professionals
Social Media and Networking
Consider following and/or joining these local and national organizations to meet professionals
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- American Association of Physics Teachers - Kentucky Section
- American Astronomical Society
- Kentucky Biophysical Society
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Society of Physics Students
Find and join IU Southeast student organizations through Grenadier Central.
Volunteer positions are a great way to get exposed to your field(s) of interest and to invest time in your local community.
- VEX Robotics, Inc.
- ACE Mentor Program of America
- Trinity High School Foundation
- Americana World Community Center
- Clariant Corporation
IU Southeast students have completed the following internships to get related experience for their majors. For information on currently available internship opportunities, visit the Internships job board.
- Samtec, Inc. – Software Developer Intern
- ZirMed – Software Engineering Co-Op
- Oasis Tech Group – Software Developer Intern
- Brown Forman Corporation – Chemistry Lab Technician Intern
- Diamond Billiard Product, Inc. – Programmer/Techie Intern
- Cerro Wire and Cable – Information Technology Intern
- Corden Porter School – PHP Web Application and Web Server Intern
- Stelised Inc. – Computer Intern
- Dallas Group of America – Computer Engineer Co-Op Intern
- Junior Achievement of Kentuckiana – Program/Development Intern
- Northkey Systems – Lead Support/Internal Development Intern
This top employers list was created using the LinkedIn Alumni Tool.
- Hendrix College
- Orange Business Services
- Warsaw Community Schools
- The Ohio State University
- BWAY Corporation
- Environmental Safety Technologies, Inc.