The International Studies degree program will provide students with a frame of reference to better understand the world in which we live; one’s position in the world; and how different cultural, economic, political, and social systems operate and interrelate.
The goal of the program is to equip students so that they may adjust to the new international environment in which they will increasingly find themselves living. This is done through an interdisciplinary approach drawing on courses from varying academic disciplines and different world regions. Students who major in international studies will be able to make valuable contributions in many fields and can pursue careers in teaching, business, government, international agencies, nonprofit organizations, tourism, international media organizations, and international law.
IU Southeast offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies in one of the following geographic concentrations: Europe, Latin America, East Asia and Africa.
Learn about some of the possible employers for International Studies Majors
- Peace Corps Volunteer
- Public Relations Representative
- Sales Representative
- Insurance Claims Adjuster
- Travel Writer
- Travel Agent/Tour Guide
- International Hotel Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Activities Coordinator
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Assistant Purchaser
- Associate Buyer
- Banking Associate
- Commodities Broker
- Customs/Immigration Officer
- Export Manager
- Foreign Correspondent
- Immigration Inspector
- Media Specialist
- Overseas Personnel Manager
- Social Welfare Worker
- Staff Developer
- IU Southeast School of Social Sciences
- IU Southeast Department of International Studies
- Associates in Rural Development, Inc.
- Career Conferences of America
- CDS International
- International Jobs Center
- Save the Children, USA
- The Federation of International Trade Assoc.
- Transitions Abroad-Work/Study/Travel/Live
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- UN jobfinder
- United States Department of State Bureau of International Organization Affairs
- US Agency for International Development
- US Department of State
- US Peace Corps