Welcome to IU Southeast. We want you have a positive payment experience.
What do I need to know about my Bursar account?
- Always review the refund periods online before dropping a class. You may still owe for all or a portion of a dropped class if dropped after the semester has started. A refund schedule is available. If you received financial aid for the semester, check with the financial aid office to see if your aid will be impacted before dropping a class.
- Pay your bills on time to avoid late fees & other penalties. Late payment fees of 1.5 percent of the outstanding balance accumulate monthly.
- Read all e-mail messages and other information from our office. These e-mail messages will be sent directly to you at your IU Southeast e-mail address, as e-mail is the official means of communication for the entire university.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit to receive any refunds faster. Students typically receive their credit balance electronically 1-2 weeks before receiving a paper check in the mail. A 'CR' will denote a credit balance after the balance due on your bill.
- If your parents or guardian will be paying your bill, make sure you set them up as a 3rd Party User. IU Bursar Pay is IU's online payment system accessible through OneStart.
- Due to FERPA regulations, we can only give students limited financial information over the phone regarding his or her bursar account. If a parent or spouse calls with questions, we can only give out information if he/she is set up with 3rd Party access.
Please take a moment to review our orientation slides to familiarize yourself with the billing process.