Important Information for Transfer Students
Students transferring to IU Southeast who are regularly admitted to enroll as degree-seeking students in an eligible program of study will be reviewed to determine financial aid eligibility after receipt of the FAFSA for the current aid year. Eligibility for financial aid cannot be determined until confirmation of admission status is received.
Steps for IU Southeast Degree-Seeking Students
There are several steps involved in completing the financial aid application process as a degree seeking transfer student. We suggest that you begin this process as early as possible to avoid delays in receiving financial aid.
- You must be admitted to IU Southeast as a degree-seeking student to qualify for federal and/or state financial aid. If you are not degree-seeking (e.g., visiting or non-degree student), please contact our office for information on other options which may be available to you.
- Complete or update the FAFSA for the appropriate aid year, making sure to list or add the school code for IU Southeast (001817).
- Recipients of funding from the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana (SSACI) – including the O'Bannon Grant, 21st Century Scholar Award, or Child of Disabled Veteran benefits (CVO) – must update the school choice to Indiana University-Southeast via the state website at www.in.gov/ssaci. Click on 'eStudent' to proceed. DO NOT CHANGE UNTIL AFTER DECEMBER 26th for spring semester enrollment.
- CVO recipients must complete a new CVO application and submit that form to the Financial Aid Office (also complete step 3).
- Recipients of private scholarships should contact the donor directly to determine if the scholarship can be transferred to IU Southeast. Please note that not all scholarships are transferrable. Contact the Financial Aid Office with questions.
- Cancel all financial aid at your previous institution for the upcoming semester. A student may not receive financial aid at two institutions at the same time; failure to cancel awards at a previous school will cause a delay in the IU Southeast financial aid packaging process.
- If you received a private loan at your previous school, you must cancel any outstanding disbursements with the lender. Private education loans are tied to the individual school and are non-transferrable. You will need to apply with your lender for a new loan at IU Southeast.