SCHOOL CODE:  001817


A Consortium Agreement is a contract between two colleges/universities that recognize the registration of a student at each site for financial aid purposes. It also certifies that only one of the two colleges/universities will administer Title IV financial aid for the student.

The Consortium Agreement refers to the two colleges/universities as the "Home Campus" and the "Host Campus". The "Home Campus" is the school where the student is fully matriculated and from which he/she will get a degree. The "Host Campus" is where the student temporarily takes courses, whose credits will be transferred back to his/her "Home Campus".

Students may be eligible for financial aid if studying in an approved Study Abroad Program, completing the Allied Health Degree and/or enrolled in classes at another IU Campus. All classes must transfer back to IU Southeast and count toward their IU Southeast degree. Correspondence and telecommunications classes are not eligible through the consortium agreement process.

Consortium agreements should be completed no later than 30 days prior to the start of a semester. Since additional information is needed from other institutions a longer processing time may be needed to verify and process financial aid. Tuition charges default to the institution where the classes are taken.
Steps to complete consortium agreement:

  1. Student must complete Section I of consortium agreement.
  2. Student must take consortium agreement to academic Dean or advisor to complete section II. Classes must be listed individually along w/credit hour per class.
  3. Student must bring consortium agreement to the Financial Aid Office.
  4. Financial Aid office (Home Campus) will complete Section III and forward to the Office of Financial Aid at Host campus.
  5. Host Campus Office of Financial Aid must complete Section IV and return to Home Campus Office of Financial Aid.
  6. Student must notify Financial Aid Office of any changes in enrollment.
  7. Student must request transcripts from Host Campus to be sent to Registrar Office of Home Campus.

Stop by the Office of Financial Aid to pick up a consortium agreement or print one from our website at
*Please note: there is an exception for students participating in special IU Southeast/Bellarmine Allied Health Programs

Overseas Study

You may be eligible for financial aid if you attend an eligible study abroad program, please see below for additional information regarding your particular program.
If you're planning to attend an overseas program through another university or need additional information concerning international study abroad programs e-mail Dr. Jean Abshire, Director of Overseas Studies, at or click here for International Programs