The interdisciplinary Certificate in Leadership provides students an opportunity to develop fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to assume leadership, supervisory, or management positions in private companies and nonprofit organizations.
Share this webpage
Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0
For more information specific to you and your situation, meet with your academic advisor and find your ideal pathway to complete your degree on time.
Students must earn a minimum grade of B in EDUC-U 495 (Leadership Training) to continue in the certificate program. All other courses listed below require a grade of C or better.
All courses have 3 credit hours unless otherwise noted.
- EDUC-U 495 - Seminar in Leadership Training (1 credit hour)
Leadership: Choose one of the following courses
- BUS-N 221 - Principles of Leadership
- SUPV-S 300 - Frontline Leadership
Communications: Choose one of the following courses
- COMM-C 102 or SPCH-S 122 - Interpersonal Communication
- COMM-C 101 or SPCH-S 121 - Public Speaking
Ethics: Choose one of the following courses
- PHIL-P 102 or PHIL-P 140 - Introduction to Ethics
- PHIL-P 240 - Business and Morality: Ethics in Context
- COAS-R 399 - Topic: Community/Campus Involvement (2 credit hours)
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), undergraduate certificates are a great way to fast-track your career in an affordable way.
When time and money are a major concern, certificates allow recipients to gain skills in their field of choice in a relatively short period of time, usually less than a year, and for a price that won’t break the bank.
Many of IU Southeast’s certificate programs are stackable – meaning that you can use the credit hours earned for your certificate toward an associate or bachelor degree program.