5:30 p.m. - Graduates Assemble
- Graduates assemble at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in the Harold Workman North Wing Lobby - in full regalia - with other graduates from your school. Look for IU Southeast event personnel (wearing red shirts) for directions to the line up area.
- The flags for each school will be displayed to assist you in finding the room where your school is located.
- Once you assemble in your school's area, get your name card from the staff marshal.
- If you have questions or need help keeping your cap pinned on, seek out help from any of our event personnel. There will not be a designated area for students to change into their cap and gown.
- Note: Do NOT leave any items in the robing rooms. The University is not responsible for any items left in these rooms.
6:45 p.m. - Procession Begins
- The procession will begin at 6:45 p.m. so please alert your guests to arrive early.
Note: The commencement program will begin promptly at 6:45 p.m. Out of respect for our graduates we ask that all guests make it to their seats prior to the beginning of the commencement ceremony.
7:00 p.m. - Ceremony Begins
- The Commencement ceremony begins and will last approximately 1.5 hours and includes conferral of all degrees, a student speaker, and induction into the Alumni Association. The names of individual graduates are read as they cross the stage and are congratulated by the President and Chancellor.
- Faculty marshals and staff will direct graduates throughout the ceremony.