10. Develop competency assessments that ensure academic rigor while allowing credit for
previous class/work experience.
Initiative 4: IU Southeast will ensure a high-quality Residence Life and
Housing Program that facilitates leadership development, service learning,
academic success, retention, and graduation.
1. Develop plans to add residential facilities.
2. Maintain and sustain a viable information technology network infrastructure in student
housing to create an environment that is similar to what students use at home and in the
commercial sector, including access to pervasive Wi-Fi.
3. Continue to provide a safe, modern and comfortable environment conducive to student
learning and success.
4. Create a comprehensive programming model that includes social, educational,
recreational, and health and wellness components for evenings and weekends.
5. Seek and expand partnerships across campus to promote leadership and programming
6. Customize services to meet the needs of a diverse resident student population.
7. Create a departmental training program to enhance student leadership.
8. Develop and implement themed housing and other initiatives that support and advance
students’ academic goals.
9. Provide resources to support expansive, revenue generating summer/camp/conference
programs using our lodges.
IV.CREATE STRUCTURES THAT ENABLE FACULTY AND STAFF TO
Initiative 1: IU Southeast will enrich its teaching mission by strengthening the
teacher-scholar model for faculty engagement.
1. Establish faculty-developed percentages in the categories of teaching, scholarship and
service for tenured/ tenured track faculty consistent with the mission of the campus.