Initiative 6: IU Southeast will effectively manage and steward financial
and physical resources to maximize transparency and benefit to campus
1. Manage campus resources in accordance with the Higher Learning Commission’s
standards for resource allocation, planning, and institutional effectiveness.
2. Plan and guide the allocation of resources in accordance with the campus mission and
3. Continue to advance the Campus Land Use Master Plan and develop new campus
4. Develop a funding plan and pursue project approval for the construction of a new multi-
purpose building on the IU Southeast campus.
5. Maintain transparency and accountability by creating and disseminating regular progress
reports regarding the operating budget and financial/operational performance.
6. Develop and implement incentive-based components into the campus budgeting system
to encourage and reward innovation, program growth, and operational performance.
7. Implement a dining master plan to expand the level of service to the campus community
and achieve financial self-sufficiency for dining services.
8. Achieve a twenty percent (or more) reduction in energy utilization and expenditures
through facility upgrades, stewardship practices, and procurement strategies.
9. Promote and communicate sustainability initiatives across the institution and implement
10. Continue to utilize state/student-funded R&R (repair and rehabilitation) to address
obsolete building systems and deferred maintenance.
11. Introduce new systems for monitoring and analyzing the multiple data sources that inform
and guide business decisions in conjunction with the campus’ business analytics initiative.
12. Continue to raise awareness of the need to consider all IU Southeast students in the state’s
performance funding model.