V. INCREASE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND ECONOMIC
Initiative 1: IU Southeast will establish and nurture partnerships that expand
economic development opportunities.
1. Expand existing partnerships with public schools, community colleges, and other
universities to increase graduation rates for IU Southeast, thus increasing regional college
attainment thereby enhancing regional workforce development efforts of the region.
2. Develop strategic partnerships with regional economic development planners and
agencies that will enhance the presence of IU Southeast in economic development.
3. Engage faculty and academic leadership across the IU family, to identify the region’s
Grand Challenges, building on our strengths in our academic programs.
Initiative 2: IU Southeast will prepare graduates to meet workforce needs and
the challenges of a rapidly changing job market.
1. Maintain and create programs committed to developing “work ready” graduates for
business and industry, education, healthcare, and government.
2. Establish a branded program that capitalizes on the combination of programs that
possess strong Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) outcomes, along with
specialized, high demand skills of other programs.
3. Evaluate existing programs to ensure that market opportunities are pursued.
4. Enhance Career Services support for added employment assistance and post-graduate
preparation to include internal and external needs analysis.
5. Increase interactions between former and current students to establish an employment-
6. Develop opportunities for students to create a co-curricular transcript that represents
student engagement and demonstrate service, scholarship, and work experiences.
7. Provide academic advising to make students aware of post-baccalaureate and professional
8. Increase collaboration between health and medical facilities /institutions and through
added academic programs which will enable our students to pursue careers in these fields.