I. PROMOTE ACADEMIC AND ARTISTIC EXCELLENCE IN A
Initiative 1: IU Southeast will uphold a commitment to quality teaching and
Continue to develop online and hybrid course offerings in light of disciplinary
appropriateness, likelihood of student success, assessment results, and demand.
2. Provide incentives to faculty (adjunct and residential) to adopt best practices in teaching
3. Increase support to the teaching and learning center to accommodate increased faculty
4. Expand High Impact Practices including experiential and service learning.
5. Engage in best practices in teaching and learning based on the latest research in higher
6. Establish campus principles of teaching and learning that affirm our common
commitment to students and respect the unique contributions of faculty and programs.
7. Systematically evaluate academic programs.
8. Maintain and expand accountability through accreditation for all applicable programs.
9. Continue to conduct and improve an accountable, effective, and useful assessment
program which guides curriculum revision, development, and improvement in student
10. Implement greater support to learning for students including the development of a Testing
Center and online/extended hours for all student service offices.
11. Annually track and measure recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff.
Identify areas where underutilization occurs, and set goals to achieve representational
12. Increase number of Summer Teaching Faculty Fellowships.
13. Provide compensated professional development opportunities for part-time faculty.