5. Increase investment in existing programs that are specifically defined by a commitment to
global awareness (e.g. Modern Languages, International Studies, etc.).
6. Assist faculty in fostering inclusive classrooms in both physical and virtual spaces through
Universal Design of Learning (UDL) specific faculty development.
II. IMPROVE STUDENT RECRUITMENT, PERSISTENCE, AND
Initiative 1: IU Southeast will attract and retain a highly motivated, well-
prepared, and diverse student population.
1. Support, enhance, and publicize the IU Southeast Honors Program.
2. Increase recruitment of associate degree recipients to enroll and complete bachelor’s
3. Develop and promote a campus-wide recruitment plan for optimum student enrollment.
4. Execute a seamless admissions, advisement, and registration process.
5. Design and develop a comprehensive marketing plan to position IU Southeast as the
regional leader in providing student-centered education based on a rich, diverse, and
6. Track and measure recruitment, retention, and timely completion of diverse
undergraduate and graduate student populations.
7. Increase enrollment and degree completion of “stop-out” students.
8. Promote and enhance academic incentive scholarships to attract valedictorian,
salutatorian, and other high achieving students.
9. Develop more scholarships for returning IU Southeast students to increase student
success and retention.
10. Continue to work with Southern Indiana’s Education Matters and increase the number of
traditional non-traditional students from the five county Southern Indiana region.
11. Revisit the current international student marketing and scholarship opportunities to
create a more diverse student population, initially focusing on exchange programs.