Certification for Special Education may be obtained when this degree is finished and licensing exams have been passed. With a degree in Special Education, you are primed to compete successfully in today’s complex workforce that demands both in-depth knowledge and a varied skill set.
Depending on your personal interest, you could pursue a career in the following classrooms:
- Elementary General Education
- P-12 Mild Disability Collaboration
- P-12 Mild Disability Resource
- P-12 Mild Disability Self-Contained
- P-12 Moderate Disability Resource
- P-12 Moderate Disability Self-Contained
- And many more!
For more information on career opportunities in your chosen areas, speak with your advisor or visit the IU Southeast Career Development Center.