IU Southeast FACET Annual Events
FACET Spring Symposium
Day: Friday, 1/30
Topic: Affecting Student Mindests for Student Success
Keynote: Terrell Strayhorn (Ohio State, Director of the Center of Higher Education Enterprise)
Breakouts: Tom Keefe (Business), Michael Abernethy (Communications), and Renee Petrina (ILTE)
Day: Wednesday, 2/25
Topic: Evaluating Your Classroom Presentations
Facilitators: Rebecca Carlton and Diane Reid (Communications)
Pokagon State Park, Potowatomi Inn.
Click HERE for more information on this year's Retreat.
FACET Application Deadline is October 17, 2014. You can find more details at the FACET Statewide Site.
Please check back for additional events.
Your FACET campus liaisons can provide additional information about any of the above events.
Peer Review and Teaching Consultants
Peer review is a process, not just an event. The Peer Review Manual, developed for IUS Peer Review, provides information about the process of reviewing classes at IUS, conducting a student focus group, how to write a Peer Review report, and much more. View the current peer review manual. We strongly recommend junior faculty review the suggested peer review timeline.
Faculty Requesting Peer Review:
- Access the Peer Review Request form and submit to ILTE
Current Peer Review Faculty
- Update your Consultant Information sheet and submit to ILTE
FACET welcomes new members each year via a process of nomination, application, and selection.
FACET seeks to identify faculty who have:
- A record of and ongoing dedication to excellence in teaching, support of student learning, and assistance to colleagues
- A commitment to their own continuing growth through reflection
- The willingness to advocate for the importance of teaching and learning—locally, regionally, and/or nationally
- Advanced the craft of teaching through efforts in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Demonstrated a commitment to continued involvement in teaching activities, specifically FACET programming