Information Technology Committee
The Faculty Senate created the Integrated Technology Committee (ITC) in the 1996-1997 academic year. It replaces two previous Faculty Senate committees: the Academic Computer Usage Committee and the Audio Visual Committee. It works with the Student Technology Fee Advisory group (which is an administrative committee) and the Campus IT Advisory Group.
Committee Structure and Responsibilities
Source: Faculty Senate Constitution & By-Laws (updated 8/8/2012)
- The Information Technology Committee shall consist of the Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and an elected representative from the Library faculty and each of the academic schools/divisions with elected senators. The faculty shall serve two-year staggered terms. The Vice Chancellor for Information Technology shall be an ex-officio member of the committee.
- This committee shall be responsible for studying the technology requirements for teaching and research, for making recommendations regarding equipment and personnel needed to meet these requirements, and for recommending policies and procedures regarding the utilization of technology for teaching and research purposes. The committee will consult with the Vice Chancellor for Information Technology, providing faculty input to the ongoing strategic planning process.
Software Request Deadlines:
November 1 and March 1 of each year
Each year, the committee received funding to be spent on software. The committee reviews all requests that are submitted to the committee twice a year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring semester.
Step 1: Download the ITC software request form and complete the form according to the guideline.
Download: IU Southeast ITC Software Request Form (Microsoft Word Document)
Step 2: Request the Dean’s approval where applicable (include the signature on the form or provide a copy of an approval email).
Step 3: Submit the completed form from to your school’s IT Committee representative. Please see the current list of your school’s ITC representative on the Faculty Senate Committee website.
Step 4: You will be notified by email whether or not your request has been approved. The University Information Technology Services will assist you with the software acquisition.
Step 5: Submit a report describing how the software has been used by the end of the school year.
- Only requests for software are eligible for committee consideration. Please note that this funding is for a one-time purchase to support teaching and research activities. This funding should not be used for the renewal of software licenses or services.
- Please provide the following up-to-date information to help the committee understand your request (attach this cover sheet).
- Software name/title
- Describe the purpose/function of the software
- Goals and objectives. Explain the academic purposes for which the software is to be used.
- Software justification. Why the particular software requested is better suited to those purposes than alternative means. What kinds of relevant resources are currently available within the university? Indicate if you have tested the program.
- Include the breadth of likely use - individual only, unit only, faculty only, students only, etc.
- Please indicate what you will do to continue the software usage after the initial purchase, i.e., how long you plan to use this software and what you will do afterward.
- Vendor’s contact information including name, address, phone, fax, website, etc.
- Itemized price list, including continuing annual maintenance or license costs, manuals or special hardware, if applicable.
- Type of license (individual, multiple user, site, etc.)
- Contact person who quoted price (if applicable)
- Catalog & Catalog number and/or item number (if applicable)
- Any other information that might be useful for the committee consideration.
Last Updated: 2/11/2014