Important Information for Kentucky Students
Students who live in Bullitt, Jefferson, Meade, Oldham, or Trimble counties in Kentucky are eligible for in-state tuition at IU Southeast through the reciprocity process. Please note: KEES and CAP money cannot be used at IU Southeast. Those programs are funded by the state of Kentucky and must be used at a Kentucky university. Even so, most Kentucky students find that IU Southeast is still the better value!
Steps for IU Southeast Degree-Seeking Students
There are several steps involved in completing the financial aid application process as a degree-seeking student. We suggest that you begin this process as early as possible to avoid delays in receiving financial aid.
- You must be admitted to IU Southeast as a degree-seeking student to qualify for federal financial aid. If you are not degree seeking (e.g., visiting or non-degree student), please contact our office for information on other options which may be available to you.
- Complete or update the FAFSA for the appropriate aid year as soon as possible, making sure to list or add the school code for IU Southeast (001817).
- Apply for scholarships before February 1. See the scholarships page for more details.
- Setup your IT account and IU Email. All financial aid communications are sent to your IU Email account. Check it regularly. Failure to do so could result in costly delays.
- Check your To Do List and your account information on OneStart frequently.
- Contact us. Our friendly staff is happy to address any question or concern related to financial aid. Don’t hesitate!