Federal Perkins Loans
This loan program is based on need and availability. Financial need is determined by completing the FAFSA and is required. The interest rate on these loans is 5% and repayment begins 9 months after the student leaves the university. Interest does not accrue while you are an enrolled student. A Master Promissory Note is required for the Perkins loan before disbursement. You will be sent an email directing you to a Web site to complete the Promissory Note through the Student Loan Administration.
At this session you will:
- Complete your Entrance Interview Questionnaire.
- Review your student loan Rights & Responsibilities.
- Review and sign your student loan promissory note.
- Print your signed promissory note.
- Read counseling summary and links to other helpful websites.
Steps for Perkins Loan Borrowers after Leaving University
- Students Must complete Perkins Exit Counseling if they drop below part time enrollment. https://iuexit.uasexit.com/