Want a work-study job? QUALIFY AND APPLY
- QUALIFY - You must have a work-study award to apply for a work-study job. Apply for an award by requesting work-study on the FAFSA. Does your financial aid package include an award? If not, request an award now via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (from your IU email account).
- APPLY - Check out the work-study job listing. Each job has its own instructions for applying. (See only 1 page of jobs? Use the arrow in the upper right-hand corner to see more!)
- COMPLETE - Once you know you will be hired complete the Work Study Application.
Want to be notified by e-mail when new jobs are posted? Create an account on the Career Development CareerLink! While you are at it, take a look at the other great services available through Career Development.
First Steps After You are Hired
When do I START WORKING?
- Contact your employer to set up your work schedule and complete hiring paperwork.
- Visit Human Resources to turn in your paperwork and learn the online TIME system.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit through One.IU.
What are the EXPECTATIONS?
- Read the work-study student employee manual and send an email to confirm you read it.
- Be a responsible employee by following the rules in the manual and your employer's expectations.
- Be a responsible student - make sure your academics are your top priority
- Track your hours - use the handy tracking sheet found in our forms section.
When do I STOP WORKING?
- When you have worked 19 hours in one work week STOP
- When you have worked the total number of hours on your authorization STOP
- When you have stopped attending or are no longer enrolled in classes STOP
- When we have reached the "End date" on your authorization STOP