Application fees and GMAT exams will be waived for all incoming students through August 30, 2021.
Candidates for the M.S.S.F. must fulfill the following requirements:
- A minimum of 30 graduate credit hours, in accordance with the definition of the curriculum, of which each course counts only once toward graduation;
- A grade of C (2.0) or better must be earned in each graduate business course that counts toward graduation [Note: No more than two graduate business course grades may be below B- (2.7)];
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 for all graduate business courses at IU Southeast. Satisfactory completion of the community service requirement.*
Students are expected to complete the graduate business program curriculum within seven years. This rule also applies to students seeking to complete both graduate business programs simultaneously or consecutively. The seven year time frame starts with taking the first graduate course (not Foundations coursework)
- Knowledge of accounting and finance
Students demonstrate knowledge of professional accounting and finance concepts and tools.
- Application and integration of accounting and finance
Students effectively apply and integrate accounting and finance concepts and tools for analysis and decision making.
- Social responsibility
Students demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to ethical issues impacting financial conditions and financial reporting that will assist them in advancing their organizations and society in an ethical way. Students engage their business knowledge and skills to serve the community through the community service requirement.*
*Community Service Requirement
Graduate Business students must perform at least 20 hours of community service in a project that involves their contribution in the form of business knowledge, leadership, and/or expertise. Some examples include volunteering for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, providing tax assistance for the elderly or disadvantaged, participating in a United Way agency, or serving on a not-for-profit board or advisory council.
The requirement may be completed at any time during the academic program. It is strongly recommended that the student plan to complete this requirement prior to the last 6 credit hours of coursework in the graduate curriculum. Students must submit a written proposal outlining a plan for satisfying this requirement to the Graduate Director for approval prior to performing the project.