Admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program requires approval by the faculty and is based on the applicant’s qualifications as evidenced by grade point average, statement of professional aspirations, official transcripts, references, etc. A personal interview may be requested. Acceptance into the program is competitive.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the application deadline for May 2020 enrollment has been changed to April 30, 2020. Please contact Dr. Carla Hermann, MSN Program Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or have questions about applying.
The following are required for unconditional admission:
- Graduation from a nationally accredited nursing baccalaureate program with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Valid, unencumbered RN license.
- Two years of experience as an RN (preferred) or currently working as an RN.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of C or better.
- Personal Statement describing and explaining professional career goals as an advanced-practice nurse.
- Two professional references. Please use this form when supplying references.
- Completion of a criminal background check within the past 12 months.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Please have the transcripts sent to MIS Attn: Eric Voelker, CV 018B, IU Southeast, 4201 Grant Line Road, New Albany, IN 47150.
- Agreement to the essential abilities policy of the School of Nursing. The policy states that students must demonstrate essential abilities in a variety of areas (judgment, neurological function, emotional coping skills, intellectual/conceptual skills, and other behavioral attributes) as well as meeting all progression criteria.
Note: GRE testing is not required.
Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Internet-based version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which has a speaking portion. International students must apply through the Indiana University Southeast Office of Admissions via the International Students website.
Please send application materials to:
Dr. Carla Hermann
Professor; MSN Program Director
School of Nursing
Life Sciences Building, Room 221
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150