Frequently Asked Questions

When are bills sent and when are they due?
Semester housing charges will be applied to a student’s Bursar Office account at the beginning of each semester and are due and payable according to Bursar Office billing due dates. Visit the Bursar’s Office website or call (812) 941-2335. Failure to make timely payments may result in contract cancellation and removal from campus housing. 

Who are bills sent to? Is there a way for the bill to be sent to the parent?
All IU Southeast charges are posted to a student’s Bursar account. Students can access their account by visiting the IU Southeast website. A student may choose to set up an "Authorized Payer", usually a parent or guardian, who may then view and/or pay the student's bill. However, students are ultimately responsible for the timely payment of their bursar bill.

How can my student obtain health insurance through the university?
Indiana University sponsors health insurance plans for its students. Complete information about eligibility, coverage, and enrollment requirements are available at This information includes plan coverage booklets and premiums rates. A student medical insurance coordinator is also available by e-mail and phone at or (812) 856-4650 (Bloomington).

Where can I find information about financial aid?
The Financial Aid Office can be contacted via their webpage at or via phone at (812) 941-2246. 

How does my student know who his or her advisor is?
A student’s advisor is an integral part of the college process. A student can visit to learn about the advising process and who to contact.

My student is having trouble in class. How can s/he find a tutor?
The first step is for a student to meet individually with their professor. Often times, this one-on-one interaction will give the student more insight into the professor’s style and approach to the material. The Student Success Center provides tutoring for most 100- and 200-level courses. A student can complete a Tutor Request Form on the Student Success Center website.

I would like to mail something to my student in the residence halls. How do I address it?
Personal mail should be addressed to students as follows:

"Student Full Name"
4201 Grant Line Road
Lodge Name, Apartment Number
New Albany, IN 47150