Resident Assistant Positions
Thank you for your interest in applying to be an RA for the 2017-18 school year. Before applying, there are a few things you need to make sure you have prepared to submit with your application:
- Update your resume.
- Contact 2 personal references to complete a personal reference form. You will need their email address as the form will be emailed to them automatically once you submit your application.
- One personal reference must be an IU Southeast faculty or staff member
- The other personal reference can be any non-family member
- Contact a current RA to fill out the RA reference form. You will need their email address as the form will be emailed to them automatically once you submit your application. (applicable to current housing students only)
- Answer essay questions. There are no minimum or maximum lengths for your responses.
- How would you describe the role of a Resident Assistant to someone who is not familiar with the position?
- As a Resident Assistant, what steps would you take in your living community to support students and to educate them about various race or cultural backgrounds, sexual orientation, disabilities, or religious beliefs?
- Describe what academic success means for you and how would you will help your lodge community persist to graduation?
Once you have all of these things prepared, you are ready to complete the 2017-18 RA application. Please click the "Apply Now" button on the right begin the application*.
All 2017-18 RA Applications are due by Friday, Feb. 3rd at 4 p.m.
*Note: You will be able to save the application and resume progress later if needed.
Want more information about the RA position? View the the 2017-18 Resident Assistant Combined Agreement and Job Description.
Residence Life and Housing Student Worker Position
We do hire students to work in the Residence Life and Housing Office. Information will be posted in the lodges for any open positions.
For more employment information please contact the Career Development Center.