In order to prevent fires, residents should observe the following safety standards:
- Only fire-resistant materials should be used when decorating.
- Electrical circuits should not be overloaded.
- Emergency and exit lights should not be obstructed and must be visible at all times.
- Materials should not be placed over exit signs, fire doors, any light fixture, smoke detector, and/or sprinkler heads.
- Fire exit doors should not be propped open for any reason.
- Only artificial holiday trees should be used during the winter season.