The University and the Office of Residence Life and Housing assume no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage of personal belongings in or on campus property. This policy extends to resident rooms, resident apartments, auto and bicycle parking areas, as well as all other living unit areas. Residents should obtain insurance to cover personal property or verify that a parent/legal guardian’s homeowner’s or renter’s insurance covers any incidents of loss that may occur on campus.