Report an Incident
Each resident has the right:
- To a safe, well-maintained living environment.
- To live in a community free of intolerance, bigotry, and abuse.
- To free access to his or her room, apartment, and the community spaces in his or her lodge.
- To study in the lodge free of unruly and disruptive behavior.
- To engage in critical evaluation and debate of differing views, opinions, values, and beliefs in a manner that affirms the diversity of the world around us.
- To confront, in an appropriate way, the inappropriate or unacceptable behavior or conduct of another resident.
Each resident is responsible for:
- Knowing and understanding the contents of the Residence Life and Housing Student Handbook, the IU Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct, and the Housing Contract.
- Taking ownership of the community in which they have chosen to live.
- Respecting the individual rights and freedoms of other members of the community, even when they may not agree.
- Reporting any damage in their apartment or lodge to RLH staff (Meadow Lodge 103) as soon as possible.
- Being an active participant in their own residential and academic experience.
- Engaging in service to IU Southeast and the local community.
- Following and reporting violations of RLH and University policies.
If you feel you or someone else has violated policy or your rights as a student, please complete the following report. Filling out an incident report does not necessarily mean that someone will get into trouble or go through the Student Conduct process. Upon receiving a report, the Residence Life and Housing Office staff will respond as deemed appropriate.
IU Southeast Residence Life and Housing is committed to the health and safety of all members within our on campus community. Please fill out the form if you are concerned or know of a student in distress that needs our attention. Know that the form is one element of a safe and supportive campus community. Once we receive the form, we will work to provide the best support for the student. If this is a true emergency, please contact the IU Southeast Police Department at (812) 941-2400.