Academic Media Production Space (AMPS)
Welcome to the AMPS information page!
About the Academic Media Production Space
The Academic Media Production Space was created through the collaborative efforts of the Indiana University Office of Online Education, Indiana University Southeast, and the Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence. The Academic Media Production Space is a faculty recording facility with professional technology for producing instructional multimedia content.
This media space can help you with:
- Creating and editing of content outlines and script support.
- Assisting in the creation of accessible versions of your media content (e.g., video and audio recordings).
- Providing guidance with Adobe Creative Cloud design applications.
- Accessing general design resources such as stock photography and templates.
The space has a lighting grid for greater camera and light placement flexibility, multiple HD cameras, high-quality audio, a telestrator for marking up visual media, chroma key technology, and a Light Board table. The professional tele-production equipment has easy user interfaces to switch between cameras and other multimedia sources.
The Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence provides support of audio, video, and multimedia production, ranging from a basic video recording to a semester-long fully scripted video. To submit a recording request or to schedule a production consultation, please send an email to the ILTE.
- Academic Media Production Space Best Practices - Rainbolt, D. (2021, April 27). Academic Media Production Space Best Practices [Docx]. New Albany: Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence.
- How to Write a Script - Distance learning: School of PROFESSIONAL Studies: Northwestern University. (n.d.). Retrieved April 27, 2021, from https://sps.northwestern.edu/distance-learning/how-do-i/create-recordings/audio/write-a-script.php
- Creating Effective Educational Videos - Creating effective educational videos. (2021, January 12). Retrieved April 27, 2021, from https://ctl.columbia.edu/resources-and-technology/teaching-with-technology/diy-video/effective-videos/