Menu Search

Never work without getting authorization first. To remain in status, students must follow the federal regulations about employment. Contact your International Student Advisor to get work authorization before accepting employment.

On-Campus Employment

F-1 students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing can be authorized to work on campus up to 20 hours a week during the academic year and full-time during university breaks.

Off-Campus Employment

F-1 students are eligible to work in their field of study after being a full-time student for nine months. This type of work is called 'practical training.' (Learn more about CPT and OPT.) In addition, students experiencing economic hardship may be authorized to work in certain cases. Contact your International Student Advisor for more information.

Campus Events

Week of Welcome - Tuesday image

Week of Welcome - Tuesday

August 22nd, 2017

All day event

Week of Welcome - Wednesday image

Week of Welcome - Wednesday

August 23rd, 2017

All day event

Violinist Josh Vietti image

Violinist Josh Vietti

August 23rd, 2017

12:00 PM - 1:15 PM

Week of Welcome - Thursday image

Week of Welcome - Thursday

August 24th, 2017

All day event

Matthew Schuler image

Matthew Schuler

August 24th, 2017

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Week of Welcome - Friday image

Week of Welcome - Friday

August 25th, 2017

All day event

The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass image

The Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass

September 15th, 2017

7:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Graduate Business Information Session image

Graduate Business Information Session

September 20th, 2017

5:30 PM - 7:30 PM

Eh440 image


September 28th, 2017

8:00 PM - 9:15 PM

School of Business Golf Scramble image

School of Business Golf Scramble

September 29th, 2017

All day event

IU Southeast Open House image

IU Southeast Open House

October 21st, 2017

10:00 AM - 1:00 PM

See All Events » Submit an Event »