Top highlights for 2014 include:
- Network Rewiring Project to replace outdated cabling and switches in most campus buildings.
- New classroom assessment process to identify and prioritize classroom technology upgrades and life-cycle updates.
- Support ticket time decreased by 75% since 2013.
- Several major website launches, major video projects, and redesign of Video Bulletin Board.
- Three open study areas were updated with new furniture and technology to create mobile-friendly collaborative spaces.
Past Annual Reports
Top highlights for 2013 include:
- Continuation of replacement of older computers with new all-in-one touch-screen computers.
- Implementation of a new printing system called IU Print. 10.7 trees were saved as a result of IU Print.
- Support ticket time continued to decrease from 2012.
- Assisted with the search and installation process for Satellite TV for lodge residents. This increased available channels from 24 to 95 for the same cost.
- The wireless network was completely upgraded, and added several new WiFi services. Read more about AT&T WiFi, and DeviceNet in the full report.
Top highlights for 2012 include:
- In the first part of 2012, all campus phones and the core switch were replaced with an entirely new system, moving away from our very old Nortel PBX.
- 63 random campus customers surveyed after calling the IU Support Center gave their experience a 4.75 out of 5 satisfaction rating.
- IT is the top campus employer of students, with $167,064 paid to student workers in FY12.
- 266 used computers were sold in the Barnes and Noble Bookstore, with $26,600 in proceeds going back to the student tech fee fund.