Elizabeth Van Gordon Biography
Elizabeth Van Gordon
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
IU Southeast, IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IUPUC, IU South Bend
Office of Information Technology
Knobview Hall Room 014
New Albany, IN 47150
Phone: (812) 941-2287
Beth Van Gordon serves as regional CIO for all IU regional campuses and Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus. In this role, Van Gordon identifies and communicates the technology implications for strategic goals, and serves as an advocate for the development and use of information technology in teaching, research, and service. Her responsibilities include operational, strategic, and fiscal planning for all aspects of technological innovation, advancement, and implementation.
During more than three decades with Indiana University, Van Gordon has managed and directed support for learning technology operations, telecommunications, university information services, and administrative and academic IT services. Prior to becoming CIO, she served as director of Learning Technology Operations, overseeing digital media production services, classroom technology services, and Student Technology Centers on the Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses.
- Van Gordon, E., and D. Goodrum, J. Holloway, A. Morrone, L. Speelmon Dynamics of Supporting Sakai Through Local and Global Collaboration. EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research, Research Bulletin. May 2008
- Van Gordon, E. and C. Walters Get It In Writing: MOUs and Library/IT Partnerships. Emerald, Reference Services Review, Volume: 35, Issue: 3, Pages 388-394. 2007
- A Path to the Community Cloud: Making Above-Campus Services a Reality. EDUCAUSE Enterprise and Information Technology Conference. May 2011
- Get It In Writing: MOUs and Library/IT Partnerships. 13th National Conference, Association of College and Research Libraries, Baltimore, Maryland. March 30, 2007
- Implementing a Community Source Course Management System. Educause Annual Conference, Dallas, Texas. October 2006