Accounts and Passphrases
- Eligibility - Who may have accounts, sponsored accounts, accounts for retired faculty and staff, who is eligible for guest accounts, temporary network access.
- Glossary - Definitions of common terms.
- Logging in at IU - Network ID, usernames, guest accounts, ADS, CAS.
- Your responsibilities as a computer user at IU - What you can and can’t do with IU computing accounts.
Create Your IT Account
- Go to the UITS Accounts & Passphrases web page.
- Click the Set up/manage your accounts button.
- You will be taken to One.IU.
- Select the Create My First IU Account tile and follow the directions.
Types of Accounts
In addition to the accounts listed below, your school or department may offer student, faculty, or staff accounts on its servers. Check with your school or departmental technology office for more information.
- Email - Umail, Exchange/Outlook/Outlook Web Access, Imail (no longer offered to new users).
- File storage - RFS, MDSS.
- Instructional database - Oracle, Mentor, ColdFusion, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Logging in at IU - Network ID, usernames, Guest accounts, ADS, CAS.
- Printing - Eligibility, get a printing account, printing allotments.
- Web space at IU Southeast - Personal pages, group and departmental pages, course pages.
Guest Accounts at IU Southeast
- Indiana Public Library Account – Grants access to the computers at the IU Southeast library. Accounts are offered to Indiana and Louisville Metro residents with a photo ID.
- IU Guest Wireless Account - Grants access to the wireless guest system. Multiple accounts can be requested at once. Accounts must be requested by an IU Faculty or Staff member.
- Conference Accounts – Grants access to the wired computers in IU Southeast’s STCs. Multiple accounts can be requested at once. Accounts must be requested by an IU Faculty or Staff member.
- Online Applications Account – Grants access to IU online applications and services.
Common Tasks & Troubleshooting
- Accounts - Creating your first accounts, seeing what accounts you have, getting more accounts.
- Account termination - When you leave IU, extensions, keeping an IU email address after you graduate.
- IU Address Book listings - When your listing will appear, how to change your information.
- Passphrases - Passwords and passphrases, forgotten passphrase, set or synchronize your passphrase, choosing a secure passphrase.
- Quotas - Quotas, quota problems, request a quota increase.