Software and Hardware
Want to get the newest version of your favorite software but don't want to pay retail price? Now students, faculty, and staff can download many software programs for free or pay a reduced price to buy on disc.
IU has negotiated special deals for students, faculty and staff, with many software vendors. These deals are for the full product, not a special "light" version with some features disabled. What you don't get are manuals and free phone support from the maker of the software.
Software Available for Download
IU students, faculty and staff have a large variety of the most popular software available for download at IUware. You will find a complete list by following the link.
IU has negotiated substantial discounts with selected hardware and peripheral vendors like Apple, Dell and Sony for selected products. These discounts are available for students, faculty, and staff. Hardware that is not part of one of the "IU Packages" is not discounted at the same rate as the "package deals."
For more information about products available, visit the UITS Buying Hardware webpage.
The IT Department periodically sells used computers through the bookstore at discounted prices. Proceeds from the sales go directly into on-campus technology. For more information, visit the IU Southeast Barnes & Noble bookstore in UC 007. See Bookstore Hours.
Terms and Conditions:
- The computers are sold as-is. These are used machines and may have minor scratches and dents.
- The sale is open to students exclusively for the first 90 minutes. After the first 90 minutes, the sale is open to everyone: students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- All computing equipment is sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No equipment can be held back nor carry any prearrangement to its purchase.
- No support is offered.
- No returns or refunds.
- Only the original operating system is installed.
- No delivery, installation, or other service is connected or offered with this purchase.
- Up to five Windows desktops can be purchased per visit (except when there is a line; See New Rules above); Macs and Laptops are sold one per visit.
- Prices are non-negotiable. A 7% sales tax is included in the listed price.
- Purchase of this computer does not imply eligibility to purchase discounted software at Barnes & Noble campus bookstore.
- Equipment may not be purchased for resale or reuse on campus.
Contact the Office of IT at (812) 941-2287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.