Software and Hardware
Want to get the newest version of your favorite software but don't want to pay retail price? Now students, faculty, and staff can download many software programs for free or pay a reduced price to buy on disc.
IU has negotiated special deals for students, faculty and staff, with many software vendors. These deals are for the full product, not a special "light" version with some features disabled. What you don't get are manuals and free phone support from the maker of the software.
Software Available for Download
IU students, faculty and staff have a large variety of the most popular software available for download at IUware. You will find a complete list by following the link.
Software Available on Disc
To purchase software on disc, visit the IU Southeast Barnes & Noble bookstore in the University Center.
- Students must bring their UCard and a current schedule with their first and last name printed on it electronically. Students must be currently enrolled in classes.
- Faculty and staff must bring their UCard.
- All purchasers must sign a Software License Agreement. This offer applies exclusively to university students, faculty, and staff for personal use.
Some software is available for either Windows or Mac. You must specify your choice with the bookstore cashier. Software cannot be returned. This software is available on DVD only. The user must have a DVD drive in order to install them. Like all great offers, prices and versions are subject to change without notice.
In the Bookstore:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 (PC only) - $20
- Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac only) - $20
- Windows 8 - 32 or 64 bit (PC only) - $20
- Windows 7 - 32 or 64 bit (PC only) - $20
Some software may only be available from the IU Bloomington Barnes & Noble bookstore.
For more information about software purchases, call the IU Southeast Barnes & Noble bookstore at (812) 941-2250.
IU has negotiated substantial discounts with selected hardware and peripheral vendors like Apple, Dell and Sony for selected products. These discounts are available for students, faculty, and staff. Hardware that is not part of one of the "IU Packages" is not discounted at the same rate as the "package deals."
For more information about products available, visit the UITS Buying Hardware webpage.
Don't miss the chance to buy one of these great used computers! The IT Department sells used computers through the bookstore at discounted prices. Proceeds from the sales go directly into on-campus technology. For more information, visit the IU Southeast Barnes & Noble bookstore in UC 007. See Bookstore Hours.
The Spring 2017 computer has sold out of all machines. We will have another sale later in 2017.
Terms and Conditions:
- The computers are sold as-is. These are used machines and may have minor scratches and dents.
- The sale is open to students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- All computing equipment is sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No equipment can be held back nor carry any prearrangement to its purchase.
- No support is offered.
- No returns or refunds.
- Only the original operating system is installed.
- No delivery, installation, or other service is connected or offered with this purchase.
- Up to five desktops can be purchased per visit; Laptops and Macintoshes are sold one per visit.
- Prices are non-negotiable. A 7% sales tax will be charged.
- Purchase of this computer does not imply eligibility to purchase discounted software at Barnes & Noble campus bookstore.
- Equipment may not be purchased for resale or reuse on campus.
Contact the Office of IT at (812) 941-2287 or email email@example.com.