For members of the community
- sponsor a guest speaker series.
- hold festivals and a variety of regular events.
- offer assistance to area school teachers interested in teaching about Japan.
- offer Japanese language and culture classes on and off campus.
For local businesses
- hold seminars and classes on Japanese culture and business practices.
- assist with locating services that cater to Japanese business visitors.
- maintain a list of translators and interpreters who can meet business demands.
- provide area corporations with information about Japanese business.
For Japanese families
- have a counseling service.
- hold orientation classes for newcomers to American life.
- offer English language classes for Japanese people.
- sponsor the Japanese Saturday School at Indiana University Southeast, a program for school age Japanese, Japanese-American and other children who speak Japanese fairly fluently.
- provide information about various aspects of life in the U.S.
For students on campus
- assist Japanese students with various campus information.
- participate in a host family program.
- maintain a lending library, books, videos, etc.
- maintain a list of tutors.