Changes to the IU Southeast Library collection
For 2022/2023, the IU Southeast Library has been tasked with reducing its budget. We've evaluated our resources based on historic and current usage data and alternate access to these resources via other library subscriptions or services, such as interlibrary loan and article delivery services.
Our goal is to create a collections budget that is more sustainable and responsive to campus needs. The savings created by these cancellations will be used to cover the increasing costs of retaining our existing library resources as well as provide new and/or suggested resources and services.
Check out the list below to see which resources are being canceled and which resources, in turn, are being added to our collection. For more information or questions about these additions or cancellations, please contact Mitchell Scott by sending an email to email@example.com.
eResources being added
The new resources and services being added to the library are listed below.
eJournals & ePeriodicals
- Chronicle of Higher Education site license (Access starts 01/01/2023)
- New York Times site license (Access started 08/01/2022)
- Wall Street Journal site license (Access started 08/04/2022)
Databases & Streaming Films
Library technology & services
- Articles on Demand article delivery service (Service begins 11/01/2022)
eResources being cancelled
The library materials and resources being cancelled are listed below. Learn more about the Wiley eJournals package.
Note: Some eJournal cancellations will be available via the new Articles On Demand Service, and all will be available via Interlibrary loan.
- Wiley eJournals Package : $48,215.29 (Access ends 12/31/2022)
- ACM eJournals Package : $6,201.24 (Access ended 06/30/2022)
- Journal of Gerontology. Series B. : $672.98 (Access ends 12/31/2022)
- ABI/Inform : $8,921.28 (Access ends 10/31/2022)
- Gale Literature Resource Center : $1,465.99 (Access ends 06/30/2023)
Print Newspapers & Journals
- Chronicle of Higher Education : $173.88 (Print ends 12/31/2022)
- New York Times : $1,152 (Print ended 06/30/2022)
- Indianapolis Star : $464.95 (Print ended 06/30/2022)
- Wall Street Journal : $357.30 (Print ended 07/01/2022)